3 Quick And Easy Face Mask Recipes To Get Your Holiday Glow On!
~ Jodie Lea Cleave
Ready, set, GLOW into the holiday fun!
Whether it’s an all expenses paid two-week getaway to a tropical Island, a bucket list dream trip to the French Riviera, a long-planned camping adventure or a blissful stay at home, where you swap that to-do list for a good book, a movie with friends and some well-deserved downtime, you’ll want to feel totally ready to jingle those bells.
For many, vacation is the time to escape the “everyday“. So you don’t want to be wasting your time worrying about a sneaky spot appearing on the end of your nose the minute you change gears into holiday mode!
To prepare your beautiful skin for some holiday fun, a little mask here and there is just the ticket for a carefree vacation and a wonderful way to keep that holiday glow throughout all your festivities.
This trio will cleanse, soothe and hydrate your skin to get it into the best condition for holiday happy snaps ( and yes we do want to see some!) The recipes are quick and simple, with ingredients straight from your pantry. And the best part is, if you do go away, you can keep up your skin’s love fest, as you’ll more than likely be able to gather these ingredients off the buffet table. How great is that?!
~ This mask has only two ingredients. Now you can’t get any easier than that.
- Place the avacado in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork.
- Mix in honey(if you have manuka on hand, great, if not what you have is terrific).
- Apply to a clean face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off mask with warm water.
- If required, finish with a dash of your favorite oil or our Skin Renewal Solution.
- Enjoy the smooth!
~ This mask is as festive as the season so let’s Glow-Ho-Ho
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree, or raw pumpkin finely grated and blended
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp bentonite clay
- ¼ tsp or less cinnamon powder ( warning: don’t use on sensitive skin)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bow.
- Apply to your face using a gentle circular motion.
- Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with a warm wet washcloth.
~ Cleopatra used to bath in yogurt. Now it’s your turn to feel like the Queen of the Nile.
- 1 tbsp plain organic yogurt (preferably full fat)
- 1 capsule of probiotics (optional)
- Oilier skin: ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- dryer skin; 1 tsp olive oil ( optional)
- Mix the yogurt and any other optional ingredients you are using.
- Gently apply to face using small circles.
- For moisturizing leave on for 10 mins.
- For a deeper cleansing leave for up to 30 mins ( I know, I know, you’re busy but to get the results you can’t rush the good little bacteria they go at their own pace).
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
To get your best Glow on, start incorporating these simple masks into your skincare regime now. Alternate between them. I suggest doing a mask every 3 days, to be ready for the holidays. This will deep cleanse your skin and make sure there are no pesky little breakouts waiting to pounce the moment you’re having fun.
I want to remind you that these recipes are suggestions and not meant to be another pressure added to that ever-growing To-Do list. I’m here to support and encourage you. Find a recipe or two, you can incorporate into your daily routine, that reminds you self-care isn’t an indulgence to sneak in every now and then. But rather it’s a rhythm you can find that will allow you to gracefully navigate your life, knowing the most Beautiful thing you can be is, You.
Smooch! Jodie xo
We here at Be You Authentic Beauty send you BIG LOVE for the holidays and every day!!!