[Raw Vegan Recipes] Enchanting Edible Christmas Tree
~ by Prajakta Gudadhe
Every year around this time the same question starts popping into my mind: “What should I make for the holiday gatherings?” I think everyone has a few faithful stand-by stars, the recipes you can whip up easily, with very little prep-time and they’re sure to please almost every tummy!
I’m forever in awe of fellow food-bloggers who create delightful drool-worthy baked goods with ease, the pictures alone of which leave me envious. But alas with my limited baking talent all I feel comfortable taking to any holiday gathering is banana nut bread or some fruit cake!
Recently though, I found a supermarket flyer featuring a stunning Christmas tree – made out of fruit!
I figured out how to make it, and created some easy-to-follow instructions so anyone could dazzle their friends and family!
Edible Christmas Tree
- A green Styrofoam cone (size of your choosing) from your local craft store, such as Michaels.
- Cookie cutters of various Christmas themed shapes.
- Assorted fruits, such as green and red grapes, strawberries, kiwis, dried cranberries and melons.
- If you are only able to find a white Styrofoam cone, then you might want to wrap some green cellophane over it, or attach the fruit very densely so the color doesn’t show through.
- Using the cookie cutters, create various shapes out of your melon slices.
- Place toothpicks in the Styrofoam cone and add one piece of fruit to each toothpick. Think free-form; as the tree starts building, you’ll get an impression of which fruit combinations look better and how densely packed you want your tree to be.
- Continue building the tree until you’re satisfied with how it looks.
- Use the cilantro leaves as grass garnish.
- Enjoy all the compliments you’re going to receive! 🙂
Come and join us for the 24-Day Green Smoothie Countdown to Christmas and have your healthiest Holiday ever!!!