A Hair Regrowth Recipe That Actually Works!
~ by Mika Botkin
If you struggle with hair loss from thinning or dry and brittle hair, then you’ve probably tried every trick in the book to help your hair look and feel thicker, smoother and healthier, and were met with little success. But I’ve been doing some digging and reading through countless testimonials.
What I’ve discovered is said to completely heal bald spots and makes a dramatic difference in how thick, fast and healthy your hair grows back in. And because I like you, I’m going to share this simple, home-made treasure with you. 😉
The secret weapon… Castor oil!
Depending on your age, 😉 you might remember castor oil from childhood when it was often given as a daily supplement or as a booster when you were sick. YUCK! But what you may not know is that this awful tasting oil is actually amazing for your hair’s growth and heath. Castor oil is very rich in Vitamin E, proteins, Omega 6 and 9, the beneficial fatty acids, and has natural antibacterial and anti fungal properties which make it beneficial for your hair and skin alike.
Castor oil has ricinoleic acid which helps to increase circulation to the scalp to improve hair growth. It also balances the scalp’s pH level which can help replenish it’s natural oils and undo damage caused by harsh chemical hair products, or even no-poo shampoo which can cause too much alkalinity. Castor oil also supports the keratin in your hair, which will make it stronger and less frizzy.
The best part is, you don’t have to swallow it!
To make your treatment, you’ll want to mix “unrefined, cold pressed, hexane free” castor oil with another hair-loving oil that helps support scalp health, like jojoba or argan oil. To make it easy for you, I’ve provided one possible option below.
- 3 Tablespoons of Castor oil
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Mix (shake) the ingredients in a dark coloured dropper bottle.
- Use the dropper to apply the mixture to your scalp. You can part your hair in the middle, add a few drops, make another 1/2 part, add a few more drops, and then continue until you’ve covered your entire scalp.
- Then, massage for 5 minutes to make sure your scalp is coated and help increase circulation.
- Pull oil through the length of your hair
- wrap hair in an old towel or plastic wrap
This will make enough for 5 or more uses depending on the length of your hair.
NOTE: Always do a quick allergy test before trying any new remedy. Place a tiny amount on your inner arm and wait 30 mins. to make sure you don’t have a reaction.
- When you apply, remember that only a very small amount is needed for your entire head of hair.
- For the best results, use the treatment 2-3 times a week.
- It works best on damp, not wet hair. You can simply give your roots a quick spritz of water before applying the oil.
- Leave the treatment on for several hours or even better, overnight.
HINT: You’ll want to place an old towel on your pillow to avoid any leaking and potential stains.
Removing the oil can prove difficult so the overnight option will make cleanup easier as most of the oil will have been absorbed into the hair. Another trick you can do is to condition your hair before you get into the shower, this will help remove the oil residue, and then you can shampoo as usual.
BONUS: Not only does it help with hair but it also works wonders for eyelashes. Rub a tiny amount of castor oil on your eyelids at night and rinse it off in the morning.
Let us know how it goes and if you’re interested in getting more natural beauty tips and tricks, pop by here! We’ve only got the best natural skin care system ever!!!