3 Lip Lickin’ Raw Wraps
~ Adapted from “Divalicious: Simple. Sexy. Raw.”
Raw food is not just about eating salads. Treat your family and your friends to these amazing wraps. We guarantee that they will be surprised and totally satisfied, and they’ll keep coming back for more.
Thai Lettuce Wraps
~ By Sadee Whip
• several large lettuce leaves – the darker the better
• 2 shredded carrots
• 1 red bell pepper in thin slices
• meat of a young coconut, chopped
• 1⁄4 cup raw cashews OR any raw nut
• 1 green onion sliced thin
• 6 basil leaves sliced in ribbons
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
• 1-2 soaked dates mashed
• 1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar, or lemon juice to taste
1. Squeeze the juice from the grated ginger into the dates and vinegar – mix. 2. Add this mix to the olive oil and blend.
1. Take a lettuce leaf and add a little bit of each ingredient.
2. Roll like a burrito.
3. Spoon a little sauce onto each bite.
• 1 avocado
• romaine lettuce leaves
• chopped tomato
• juice of one lemon
• chopped onion
• chopped garlic
• dash of cumin
• dash chili powder
• pinch of cayenne and salt
1. Mash avocado in a bowl.
2. Mix in lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne and salt.
3. Wrap avocado mixture with tomatoes and onions in the romaine lettuce
Coconut “Rice” Wrappers
• 1 cup young coconut meat
• 1⁄2 cup coconut water
• 1⁄4 cup flax meal (optional)
• pinch of salt
Blend everything in high speed blender until completely smooth.
Pour out 2-4 tablespoons of the coconut custard on to a teflex lined tray and spread out thin with a spoon or spatula – you should be able to make four small wrappers or 1 large wrapper with the mix.
Dehydrate at 105-110 degrees until completely dry (6-8 hours).
When done, peel them off the teflex sheet.
• butter lettuce
• cucumber, thinly sliced
• scallions, thinly sliced lengthwise
• bean sprouts
• star fruit, thinly sliced
• mint leaves
1. Fill the coconut wrappers with the veggies.
And that’s a WRAP. ; )