Healthy Halloween Raw Food Recipes: Caramel-Covered Apples
recipe by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
It’s that time of year again! In the spirit of finding solutions to another candy-coated festivity, we’re loading up with playful alternatives for a Healthy Halloween. Today’s recipes comes from Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo who brings us a fantastic version of caramel-covered apples.
Caramel Covered Apple on a Stick
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk or other nut milk of your choice
- a dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (extract or powder) or 1 inch vanilla bean, scraped
- 3-4 apples
- Blend all ingredients except apple until smooth, starting with 1/4 cup almond milk and adding extra only if needed to blend, assuring the mixture stays thick
- Insert a Popsicle stick into the center of each apple
- Dip apple into caramel sauce
- Refrigerate until caramel semi hardens
Serve and enjoy the squeals of delight! Treat yourself and your loved ones to loads of healthy treats for Halloween with our 10-Day Healthy Halloween Howl and also check out Dr. Ritamarie’s yummy Halloween cookbook for loads more ideas! It’s totally possible to be healthy AND have a good time during special occasions! Someone has to blaze a trail to better solutions! Here’s hoping it’s YOU!
We’d love it if you took a moment to share below or on the Facebook Page any of your Healthy Halloween recipe ideas! Thanks so much!