Invite Kids Into the Kitchen to Make This Healthy Treat
A Recipe from ‘Monkey Mike’s Raw Food Kitchen‘
School is back in session – time to get creative with those afternoon snacks. Get kids excited about trying something new and let them do the prep work, too! Here’s a quick, sweet treat that is not only part of a healthy raw food diet, it’s fun to make and will give everyone the energy of a superhero!
- 4 Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- Place the almond butter in a small bowl (tip: use the teaspoon to scoop out the sticky almond butter out of the measuring spoon).
- Add the vanilla extract to the bowl and use the teaspoon to stir together the almond butter and the vanilla.
- Cut the Medjool dates in half and take out the pit.
- Place the date halves on a plate. Using a butter knife, scoop up some of the almond-vanilla mix and squish it into one of the date halves.
- Continue scooping up the almond-vanilla mix and filling the remaining date halves.
- You can let the treats chill in the refrigerator for a little bit, or serve them right away!
Meet Monkey Mike
He’s the new maître d’ at your house and he’s going to get the kids inspired and excited about eating more fresh foods! Having grown up in the jungles of childhood fairy tales, Monkey Mike is the perfect companion for your child’s discovery of fresh, healthy food preparation. Being a vegetarian raw foodist himself, you can be sure he’ll choose the best foods for ingredients in his recipes, too. Come on over and get your very own copy of Monkey Mike’s un-cookbook here!