5 Secrets To A Best Breakfast: Chickpea Sunflower Bread Recipe
by Megan Telpner
Breakfasts can get tricky. Somewhere in the mix, we seem to have come to a universal industrialized nation decision that the following are okay breakfasts:
- A donut or muffin and a coffee.
- Toast or a bagel and cheese.
- Processed GMO corn converted into flakes and served with antibiotic rich pasteurized cow’s milk.
- Processed GMO soy powder mixed with a banana, orange juice and yogurt in a blender.
- A cocktail of processed goodies in bar form wrapped in plastic.
- Nothing at all.
These are not breakfasts and will not sustain your energy, brainpower, or health for very long. We want our breakfast, the first drop of oil in the tank to fuel us the whole morning long. Consider your breakfast the basic foundation of your day. You need it to stay strong.
Meghan’s 5 Secrets to A Best Breakfast
- It is unquestionably super delicious.
- It contains an awesome source of good fats to fuel the brain and nervous system.
- It contains a great source of protein to balance the blood sugar (ladies- this will also help keep the testosterone at bay to avoid increased growth of unsightly massive chin hairs)
- It contains soluble and insoluble fibre to feed and nourish the cells of your intestinal tract and help you have a super wicked morning poop.
- It is eaten with enough time to bite, chew, and swallow. Three separate and distinct actions.
On that note, I created this amazing Chickpea Sunflower Bread. Rich in protein, good fat and fibre, it’s also grain and nut free. Most importantly it’s super delicious and can be ready in 20 minutes.
Chickpea Sunflower Bread Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15-20 minutes Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, ground
- 1 cob or 1/2 cup fresh, organic corn kernels
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Coat a round or rectangular glass baking dish with olive oil and dust with chickpea flour.
- Pour batter into dish and spread and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until a tooth pic inserted in comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Meghan is one of our upcoming guests for this year’s WISH Summit. Affectionately known as our “firecracker of friendliness” she’s gonna come and set a few things straight about food and healthy living! You’ll LOVE her call, so make sure you’re signed up for this year’s WISH Summit (free) to access this interview.( It will be happening on April 2nd so don’t miss it!)
Meet Megan Telpner
Meghan Telpner is a Toronto based nutritionista and sought after media personality thanks to her refreshingly humorous, engaging and real approach to healthy living. Her online cooking courses and health programs are improving the health of people around the world. Meghan’s book UnDiet, Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health will be released North America wide in April, 2013. Join Meghan’s community on twitter@MeghanTelpner, or on Facebook at Meghan Telpner Nutritionista. For more visit MeghanTelpner.com