Raw Vegan Recipes: Darling Clementine Pumpkins for a Healthy Halloween
By Angela (from the happy raw kitchen)
It’s that time of year again, when swampy green smoothies, spooky fresh fruit carved into monsters, and dragon blood green juices are all the rage! That’s right, you can have a healthy Halloween celebration where fun and costumes are enjoyed by all without the sugar crash and tummy aches. Enjoy our series of healthy raw vegan Halloween recipes, and share them with your friends and loved ones!
Darling Clementines Pumpkins
Today, our featured recipe is healthy, vitamin C-loaded clementines… Disguised into pumpkins! Aren’t they adorable?
Ingredients: (per pumpkin)
- 12×12 square cling wrap
- 1″ clear tape
- scraps of felt, cut for eyes , nose, mouth, or googly eyes:)
- twist tie
- silk ivy leaf
- green floral tape
- glue, if not using self stick felt or googly eyes
- Wrap clementine in cling film and twist it tightly.
- Secure the cling film at the top with clear tape so the clementine is tightly wrapped.
- Cover the clear tape with green floral tape, then snip to desired length.
- Attach an ivy leaf with a twist tie to the floral tape, and cover the entire length of the tie with tape.
- Twist leaf/tie around stem as desired.
- Apply felt faces as desired. Choose self-stick felt for really little children. This is a great one to have the kids make with you… They create the cutest faces! This is the perfect healthy nut-free handout treat for Halloween, and the little ones really seem to love them!
Get In The Spirit Of Halloween
Cavities, Sugar Highs and Sick Kids Are the Real Spooks of Halloween! Love our healthy Halloween recipes for awesome raw vegan celebrations? Try this recipe and share your photos on RawMom’s Facebook Halloween page! Or, share your own original creation in the same photo folder. The day after Halloween, we will pick the lucky winner of 1 copy of Monkey Mike – The Uncook Book for Kids and 1 copy of The Healthy Lunch Box!
The deadline to enter the contest is November 1st. Each recipe with photograph is equal to one entry, with a maximum of one entry per recipe (i.e: if you make one recipe several times and post several photos, you only get 1 entry, but you get a new entry for each new recipe you make).
About Angela of The Happy Raw Kitchen
In February 2007, Angela discovered the benefits of raw food. Since then, she has enjoyed the challenge of creating healthy, delicious meals using fresh vegan ingredients. You can read her blog filled with scrumptious and original recipes on her blog, The Happy Raw Kitchen.
About Joanna Steven
Joanna Steven is the director of the Raw Mom Club. She’s also the author of Well-Rounded:The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy Raw Food Pregnancy and The Milky Way – The Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding on a Raw Food Diet.
To learn more about Joanna and get more delicious family friendly recipes, access our free online community of thousands of raw food enthusiasts doing their best to raise healthy families and help their kids enjoy a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. You can also interact with Joanna at the Raw Mom Facebook Page!
Tags: easy halloween recipes, halloween recipes for kids, halloween recipes for parties, halloween treat recipes, healthy halloween recipes, healthy halloween snack recipes, raw health, raw vegan, raw vegan recipes
Posted in Raw Food Health, Raw Food Recipes | 1 Comment »