Everything You Have Ever Heard About Tantra is a Lie!
- by Charu
In the West, Tantra has sadly come to be known purely as a sexual practice. It conjures up images of orgies and casual encounters in the name of something sacred.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. Tantra is a path of meditation above all things. An offering of tools to support you in becoming more aware, conscious and alive. To bring you home to the present moment. What sets Tantra apart from other meditation paths is that it acknowledges the importance of being alive in a body, being a sexual being. Many modern ‘seekers’ find ourselves ‘top-heavy’, focused on opening our heart, third eye and crown chakras in an effort to experience perpetual bliss.
Bliss Feels Good When You’re Grounded In Your Body
Problem is that this bliss becomes a way to disconnect, a way to escape. It is not grounded in the body and because of that it cannot be integrated. Tantra recognizes that by using the very energy that makes us human, we can ground ourselves in our humanity and experience the divine here on earth. We can begin to integrate and LIVE a life grounded in a spirituality that is deeply rooted in our bodies.
If you feel that you have a deep connection to your spirituality, but in your very human life you are:
- not experiencing freedom or abundance in your work
- feeling isolated in a space where you understand mentally what you ‘should’ do or feel in any given situation
- notice that your relationships with family and friends are not as enlightened as you would like them to be
- are touching deep fulfillment and aliveness during yoga class, while reading Eckart Tolle, or during your favorite meditation/prayer practice, but are not feeling that kind of fulfillment, pleasure or joy in your relationships and sex life…
…then it’s time to dive in and experience what Tantra can offer you.
How to Prepare for the Upcoming WISH Summit Interview with Charu:
- Make sure you are signed up for theWISH Summit: Women’s International Summit for Health
- Make sure you are somewhere where you will not be interrupted.
Don’t come with a full belly ~ we will be moving our bodies so you will want to feel light and open.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move easily in.
- Maybe light a candle or two to make your space feel even more sacred.
- You might also want to have a journal and a pen nearby to jot down what you learned and experienced.
Through the Tantras (techniques) you will begin to let go of the ‘shoulds’ and wake up to allowing life to evolve. When you are in connection with your body and in harmony with life, when you recognize the divine on a visceral level with those you interact with, you have moved beyond ‘trying to live in alignment with your highest self’ because you have simply remembered and embodied both your divinity and your humanity.
What a relief.
Charu is one of our conscious contributors to the WISH Summit, and you’ll be able to listen to her interview when you sign up for the summit here. If you’d like to know more about Charu’s work and how you can embody Tantra as a method of seeking your own deeper fulfillment in life and becoming more aware and present in your body, visit Charu’s website at www.embodytantra.com
Tags: Charu, communication, meditation, sensuality, sex, Tantra, WISH Summit, women's health
Posted in Natural Beauty Care, Tera Tidbits, WISH Summit | 2 Comments »