– by Joanne Newell
When you’re switching to a high-raw diet and way of eating, it’s only natural that you might crave a taste of your ‘old life’ (or even tastes from waaaay back in your childhood) every now and then. You might crave for foods like lasagna, milk, ice lollies, cheesecake… etcetera!
So, isn’t it great that there are heaps of raw recipe alternatives for all our old favorites?
If you’ve been hankering for a rich, chocolatey thick shake that won’t leave you feeling milk-ily icky, then you’ll love this recipe. It’s packed with protein, and – surprisingly – makes for a filling start to the day!
Sip it and feel 10 years old all over again…
Raw Food Recipe: The Mudslide
This recipe makes enough for 2 glasses, so you can share the raw lovin’!
- ¾ cup cashews
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons honey
or agave nectar
(you can add more to taste,
but don’t go crazy)
- 1 cup chilled water
1. Soak the cashews and walnuts in a bowl of water overnight (or for a few hours before you make the shake), and then rinse and drain the nuts thoroughly. (Soaking helps to release enzyme inhibitors that are present in the nuts, and it also helps soften the nuts, which reduces the workload on your blender.)
2. Tip the drained nuts into a blender, then add the frozen raspberries, cacao powder, bananas (broken into pieces), agave nectar and water.
3. Blend until completely combined, and serve!
Close your eyes, sip, and pretend you’re a little kid again!
For best effect, drink with a coloured bendy-straw.
Ahhh… the memories.
About Joanne Newell
Joanne is the lucky mother of twin girls, and is a law of attraction life coach and the author of three recipe books, including the world’s first raw-food recipe book for children – Monkey Mike’s Raw Food Kitchen: An Un-Cookbook for Kids!.
She believes that a natural way of eating is not only a gift to our children, but a gift to ourselves.
Through her inspirational life-coaching business Rich Radiant Real, Joanne teaches women how to create abundance, vitality, and the lives of their dreams using universal law. To grab a free copy of Joanne’s luscious, 22-page, instantly downloadable guide called 7 Ways to Recharge Your Vibration & Attract the Riches of Life, visit www.richradiantreal.com .